Megachurch Pastor Greg Laurie of Harvest Christian Fellowship in California has said that as many as 25,000 people decided to follow Jesus Christ with the help of his ministry, calling 2017 an “epic” year.
“2017 was an epic year for Harvest Ministries. With all of the outreaches combined, we have seen 25,000 people make professions of faith to follow Christ. Glory to God!” Laurie wrote in a Facebook message on Wednesday.
He added in a short video that the “New Beginning” radio broadcast, TV programs, online outreach, and the Steve McQueen movie and book earlier this year were all instrumental in this success.
“The Bible says Heaven breaks out in applause over one sinner who comes to repentance; so that’s a lot to rejoice about,” Laurie pointed out, asking people to consider a year-end gift so that Harvest can finish strongly financially and prepare for “great opportunities” in the coming year.
Laurie’s events have drawn big crowds this year, with the 28th annual SoCal Harvest revival crusade held at Angel Stadium in Anaheim seeing over 10,000 decisions for Christ in August.
The combined crowd of the three-day event at the time hit 92,000; while another 47,000 people watched online.
Pastor Richard Garcia, Harvest’s director of follow-up, told The Christian Post that the ministry takes its numbers from decision for Jesus cards it receives.
“We count every card because everyone matters,” Garcia told CP at the time.
“We see, on average, 10 percent of the attendance every year here at Harvest. We had 92,000 people attend over the weekend. That is pretty typical and it was pretty awesome this weekend,” he added.
“We go into it with the expectation that we will mostly see 10 people make a profession of faith.”
SOURCE: Stoyan Zaimov
A love letter to the viewer,
If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, here’s how you can do so today and have a home in Heaven when you die:
- First, please understand that you are a sinner, just as I am, and that you have broken God’s laws. The Bible says in Romans 3:23: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
- Second, accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
- Third, accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” Also, the Bible states in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
Now this is bad news, but here’s the good news. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
- Just believe in your heart that Jesus Christ died for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead by the power of God for you so that you can live eternally with Him. Pray and ask Him to come into your heart today, and He will.
- Romans 10:9 & 13 says, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved… For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
- If you believe that Jesus Christ died on the Cross for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead, and you want to trust Him for your Salvation today, please pray with me this simple prayer: Holy Father God, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you just trusted Jesus Christ as your Saviour, and you prayed that prayer and meant it from your heart, I declare to you that based upon the Word of God, you are now saved from Hell and you are on your way to Heaven. Welcome to the family of God! Congratulations on trusting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour. You have done the most important thing in life. For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to GospelLightSociety.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door“. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door, by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
God loves you. We love you. And may God bless you!