The family of Brycen Zerby has shown all of us what it means to walk through the valley of the shadow of death and know that God is with us.
Eight-year-old Brycen Zerby went to be with Jesus after he died in a tragic accident while riding on his church’s parade float on Labor Day in Windsor, Colorado. Apparently, while handing out pamphlets for Generation Church’s new church plant, Brycen fell off the float trailer and was then run over by it. He later died at the hospital.
His parents in their grief have clung to God and shone the light of hope in Christ brightly. In a video statement that has already gotten over 120 thousand views, Jimmy and Melissa Zerby declare their unshakeable faith in a good and present God.
What we want to communicate most of all is that in the midst of the worst days of our lives, the overwhelming presence of God has been carrying us through.
His obituary says that Brycen was typical “all boy” who loved the Broncos, NASCAR racing, football, baseball, soccer, swimming, riding bikes, jumping on the trampoline, hunting, fishing, singing and dancing. His obituary goes on to say:
He was the typical redhead, friendly, outgoing, at times a little ornery, and he never stopped talking. If it was fast, loud and crazy, Brycen was all about it! Brycen was the best brother, always looking out for his sisters and willing to play whatever the game of the day was with them. He loved snuggling up with his Mommy, and wrestling and playing catch with his Dad.
And Brycen loved Jesus.
On August 12, 2017 Brycen proclaimed his faith in Jesus and was baptized in the Arkansas River in Canon City, Colorado. His faith in God was real and often observed in his love of Christian music and in his generosity toward others.
Click here to read more.
SOURCE: Church Leaders
A love letter to the viewer,
If you know that you don’t have a home in Heaven waiting for you when you die, if you know that you have not trusted God’s Son, Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, here is how you can be saved today and have a home in Heaven when you die,
- First, please understand that you are a sinner, just as I am, and that you have broken God’s laws. The Bible says in Romans 3:23: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
- Second, accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
- Third, accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” Also, the Bible states in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
Now this is bad news, but here’s the good news. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
- Just believe in your heart that Jesus Christ died for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead by the power of God for you so that you can live eternally with Him. Pray and ask Him to come into your heart today, and He will.
- Romans 10:9 & 13 says, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved… For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
- If you believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead, and you want to trust Him for your Salvation today, please pray with me this simple prayer: Holy Father God, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you just trusted Jesus Christ as your Saviour, and you prayed that prayer and meant it from your heart, I declare to you that based upon the Word of God, you are now saved from Hell and you are on your way to Heaven. Welcome to the family of God! Congratulations on trusting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour. You have done the most important thing in life. For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to GospelLightSociety.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door“. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door, by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
God loves you. We love you. And may God bless you!