God Over Money rapper Datin has released his most transparent album to date in which he opens up about his painful divorce and how he’s moving past it all to continue doing what God has called him to do.
Datin’s Hell in the Hallway album was released on Sept. 28 to much praise as the New Jersey native shared the grief and heartache he suffered after his marriage ended.
The 12-track collection is a snapshot of the emcee’s raw reaction to discovering that his wife at the time no longer wanted to be married and secretly ran into the arms of another.
“I’m naturally a private person and wrestle with being reclusive, so sharing these intimate details about my personal life and pain with the world was nerve wrecking! I was literally trembling and was a nervous wreck before releasing my first music video “Hell in the Hallway,” ’cause I didn’t know how people would react,” Datin told The Christian Post on Tuesday.
“As I was going through the separation with my now ex-wife, I started writing the title track of my album, Hell in the Hallway, to vent my pain. Then I followed up with “Job Season” and “Panic” but had no plans to release this music to the world,” he added.
The former underground battle rapper-turned-Christian artist said writing about his pain was very therapeutic for him.
“My intentions were never to share this, BUT GOD. The Lord had other plans. And not only did I feel led to record what I was writing, I felt led to put a pause on the album that I was working on and release these songs as a project,” Datin continued.
Since the album’s release less than a week ago, Datin’s social media accounts have been flooded with comments from fans thanking him for sharing his journey as it has been a great encouragement to them in their trials.
“In hindsight, I can see why God would have me release it. The testimonies that have been coming back have been amazing. Many people are being touched by this album because, sadly, so many can relate,” Datin maintained.
Click here to read more.
SOURCE: Christian Post
A love letter to the viewer,
If you know that you have not trusted God’s Son, Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, and you know that you do not have a home in Heaven waiting for you when you die, here is how you can trust Jesus Christ as your Saviour and be saved today and have a home in Heaven when you die,
- First, please understand that you are a sinner, just as I am, and that you have broken God’s laws. The Bible says in Romans 3:23: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
- Second, accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
- Third, accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” Also, the Bible states in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
Now this is bad news, but here’s the good news. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
- Just believe in your heart that Jesus Christ died for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead by the power of God for you so that you can live eternally with Him. Pray and ask Him to come into your heart today, and He will.
- Romans 10:9 & 13 says, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved… For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
- If you believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead, and you want to trust Him for your Salvation today, please pray with me this simple prayer: Holy Father God, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you just trusted Jesus Christ as your Saviour, and you prayed that prayer and meant it from your heart, I declare to you that based upon the Word of God, you are now saved from Hell and you are on your way to Heaven. Welcome to the family of God! Congratulations on trusting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour. You have done the most important thing in life. For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to GospelLightSociety.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door“. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door, by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
God loves you. We love you. And may God bless you!