Selena Gomez released a video talking about a new Lauren Daigle song right before the singer entered a mental health facility.
TMZ reported last month that Gomez had an emotional breakdown following a recent hospitalization and had to return to get care after she was “despondent and emotional over an alarmingly low white blood cell count in the wake of her kidney transplant.”
Before entering the facility, the former Disney star took to social media in a personal video to share how she was deeply impacted by Daigle’s song “This Girl,” off of the Christian artist’s new album, Look Up Child.
“A lot of you asked about anxiety and depression … and I wanted to suggest a song that you can listen to. As some people know I like to listen to worship music and this song makes me feel like I’m talking about that feeling,” Gomez said in a series of Instagram stories.
“It’s really hard to not get worked up or upset when you feel like you’re constantly doing the right thing and you’re showing up for people … but you’re like why am I not feeling good,” she continued.
“I’ll stop talking and just suggest the song that I really love. Of course, it’s by Lauren Daigle. Don’t get annoyed that I keep talking about her but she’s speaking my language.”
The pop sensation then introduced the song by revealing that it’s the song she feels like she gets to “sing to Jesus.”
Look Up Child debuted at No. 3 on the Billboard 200 chart upon its release in September, Gomez has strongly supported the album, which beat out albums from popular secular musicians such as Drake, Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj and Cardi B that week.
“I’ve run for miles and lost sight of where You are/But You have seen me all along/Maybe I’m the/last to know when I’ve gone too far/And yet I’m always by Your side,” Gomez sang as the Christian song played.
She continued singing the chorus, which she dedicated to her fans, “This girl ain’t going anywhere/This girl ain’t going anywhere-ere-ere/I can promise You this, now I know for sure/This girl ain’t going anywhere.”
SOURCE: Christian Post
A love letter to the viewer,
If you know that you have not trusted God’s Son, Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, and you know that you do not have a home in Heaven waiting for you when you die, here is how you can trust Jesus Christ as your Saviour and be saved today and have a home in Heaven when you die,
- First, please understand that you are a sinner, just as I am, and that you have broken God’s laws. The Bible says in Romans 3:23: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
- Second, accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
- Third, accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” Also, the Bible states in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
Now this is bad news, but here’s the good news. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
- Just believe in your heart that Jesus Christ died for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead by the power of God for you so that you can live eternally with Him. Pray and ask Him to come into your heart today, and He will.
- Romans 10:9 & 13 says, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved… For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
- If you believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead, and you want to trust Him for your Salvation today, please pray with me this simple prayer: Holy Father God, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you just trusted Jesus Christ as your Saviour, and you prayed that prayer and meant it from your heart, I declare to you that based upon the Word of God, you are now saved from Hell and you are on your way to Heaven. Welcome to the family of God! Congratulations on trusting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour. You have done the most important thing in life. For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to GospelLightSociety.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door“. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door, by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
God loves you. We love you. And may God bless you!