A small but growing church ministry in Mentor surprised a homeless veteran with a minivan on Memorial Day, after housing his family for the last few months.
Royal Johnson, an Army veteran, and his wife have been living at the Christ Kingdom Ministries in Mentor since March, after Bishop M. L. Rodgers met the couple in Georgia and decided to take them in.
“I’m a veteran myself, that’s what we do,” Rodgers said.
WATCH: Homeless Army veteran surprised with a minivan by the church that has been housing him & his wife for the last few months.
— Homa Bash (@HomaBashWEWS) May 27, 2019
The ministry has been housing, feeding, and helping the Johnson family get back on their feet the last few months. They have since become gainfully employed and able to secure their own housing in East Cleveland.
Monday, the couple was packing up their belongings to move and were surprised with the keys to a 2004 Mercury minivan, gifted by the church with the help of Ganley. Gift cards donated by Walmart and an engraved Bible were also presented.
Johnson and his wife were beyond words when presented with the gifts, bursting into tears and smiles, thanking God and the church.
“We did what we needed to do, and now it’s time to move forward, leave room for the next veteran, the next person to come through,” Royal Johnson said.
Click here to read more.
SOURCE: News5 Cleveland, Homa Bash
A love letter to the viewer,
If you know that you don’t have a home in Heaven waiting for you when you die, if you know that you have not trusted God’s Son, Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, here is how you can be saved today and have a home in Heaven when you die,
- First, please understand that you are a sinner, just as I am, and that you have broken God’s laws. The Bible says in Romans 3:23: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
- Second, accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
- Third, accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” Also, the Bible states in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
Now this is bad news, but here’s the good news. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
- Just believe in your heart that Jesus Christ died for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead by the power of God for you so that you can live eternally with Him. Pray and ask Him to come into your heart today, and He will.
- Romans 10:9 & 13 says, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved… For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
- If you believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead, and you want to trust Him for your Salvation today, please pray with me this simple prayer: Holy Father God, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you just trusted Jesus Christ as your Saviour, and you prayed that prayer and meant it from your heart, I declare to you that based upon the Word of God, you are now saved from Hell and you are on your way to Heaven. Welcome to the family of God! Congratulations on trusting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour. You have done the most important thing in life. For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to GospelLightSociety.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door“. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door, by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
God loves you. We love you. And may God bless!