A loyal dog in Thailand waited at the same spot, for four years, for his owners after jumping out of their car at a nearby petrol station and getting lost.
In a touching story that demonstrates the power of social media, the dog, originally named BonBon, was recently reunited with his grateful owners.
However, in a twist on the traditional fairy-tale ending, it appears the canine, who locals have named Leo, has grown a taste for life on the road.
Despite a happy wag, when he saw one of his old owners for the first time in four years, the dog has refused to leave his road-side spot.
BonBon’s heartwarming story was first made public when pictures and a video of the shaggy, long-haired canine were shared on Facebook.
Thai man, Anuchit Uncharoen, had seen the dog on the side of the road in the Mueang District, in the south of Thailand in September.
The dog, who had a skin condition and appeared very thin, was being fed by one of the local residents, Saowalak Pinnuchawet.
When he spoke to the woman, he discovered the dog, who locals had named Leo, had been faithfully waiting at the same spot for four years.
According to local media reports Ms Pinnuchawet had tried to take the dog home, but just days later he escaped and returned to his post at the side of the road.
And so she decided to let him roam free and bring the food to him instead.
Then, last month, someone got in touch with Mr Unchareon asking to see the dog he had posted about online.
Believing his dog had died or been stolen, Noi was happy to be greeted by a tail-wagging BonBon.
Noi said, BonBon had jumped out of the car when they had stopped at a petrol station in early 2015, and despite their week-long efforts to look for him he was nowhere to be found.
However, despite the happy reunion, it seemed BonBon was quite content in his new home and would not return with his former owner.
As a result they have decided to leave the dog in the spot he now calls home, with Ms Pinnuchawet and other locals promising to feed him everyday and Noi pledging to visit regularly.
SOURCE: Daily Mail, Corazon Miller
A love letter to the viewer,
If you know that you don’t have a home in Heaven waiting for you when you die, if you know that you have not trusted God’s Son, Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, here is how you can be saved today and have a home in Heaven when you die,
- First, please understand that you are a sinner, just as I am, and that you have broken God’s laws. The Bible says in Romans 3:23: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
- Second, accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
- Third, accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” Also, the Bible states in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
Now this is bad news, but here’s the good news. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
- Just believe in your heart that Jesus Christ died for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead by the power of God for you so that you can live eternally with Him. Pray and ask Him to come into your heart today, and He will.
- Romans 10:9 & 13 says, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved… For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
- If you believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead, and you want to trust Him for your Salvation today, please pray with me this simple prayer: Holy Father God, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you just trusted Jesus Christ as your Saviour, and you prayed that prayer and meant it from your heart, I declare to you that based upon the Word of God, you are now saved from Hell and you are on your way to Heaven. Welcome to the family of God! Congratulations on trusting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour. You have done the most important thing in life. For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to GospelLightSociety.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door“. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door, by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
God loves you. We love you. And may God bless!