PREP TIME: 0 hours 5 mins
TOTAL TIME: 0 hours 20 mins
1 large head cauliflower
1 tsp. ground cumin
5 tbsp. canola oil
1/4 c. loosely packed cilantro, finely chopped
1/4 c. loosely packed fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 small clove garlic, crushed with press
1 jalapeño chile, seeded and finely chopped
- Trim leaves and any excess stem from cauliflower. Stand cauliflower on stem end and slice off about ¼ inch. Cut 2 slices from center of cauliflower (each about 1 inch thick); reserve rounded wedges for another use.
- Combine cumin and 1 tbsp. canola oil. Brush all over cauliflower slices.
- Sprinkle with ¼ tsp. salt.
- In 12-inch oven-safe skillet, heat 2 tbsp. oil on medium-high until hot.
- Add cauliflower; cook 3 minutes. Turn slices over.
- Place skillet in 425°F oven; roast 15 to 20 minutes or until stem is tender when pierced with tip of paring knife.
- Meanwhile, stir together cilantro, parsley, vinegar, garlic, jalapeño, remaining 2 tbsp. oil, and ⅛ tsp. salt.
- Spoon herb sauce onto finished “steaks.”
SOURCE: Good Housekeeping