Neighbours on lockdown in Spain placed a birthday cake outside the home of a woman turning 80 before erupting into a chorus of ‘Happy Birthday’ in heartwarming footage.
The clip, filmed in Lavapies in Madrid, captures a kindhearted man as he knocks on the door of Charo, who lives alone in the Spanish capital.
He calls out his neighbour’s name before the emotional 80-year-old opens the door to discover a cake placed on a small table outside her front door.
As Charo then steps out of her apartment, residents from the neighbourhood burst into a rendition of ‘Happy Birthday’ from their apartment windows.
Charo’s birthday had fallen days after the Spanish government announced the entire country would go into lockdown in drastic measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
Around 11,400 people have tested positive for the virus in Spain, with 499 deaths reported as a result of the pandemic.
Some 4,165 of these cases have been confirmed in Madrid, with 213 people reported dead in the capital alone.
As the clip continues, Charo struggles to hold back tears as she retreats for a moment into her apartment’s doorway.
She then rushes back over to the hallway window to wave at her neighbours as they sing, before thanking them with a round of applause.
It was reported there is a ‘strong sense of community’ in her neighbourhood because some of the residents are in danger of being evicted over fears their properties may be unsafe.
One neighbour, Nacho, explained Charo is ‘going through a tough time’ and the ‘least we could do as neighbours is support each other’.
He said: ‘Charo is 80 years old, she is a person at risk. We do not know what is going on with our homes, but she is lucky because she has a contract for one more year. However, others have been evicted.
‘She is going through a tough time and the least we could do as neighbours is support each other, especially where vulnerable people are concerned.’
Spanish residents have been asked to only leave their homes for work or to visit the supermarket, pharmacy, bank or medical centre.
Residents have also been told they can leave their houses to care for elderly loved ones or those dependent on others, but even then they should keep a safe distance.
Dog owners are allowed to leave their homes to walk their pets, but only one person at a time.
SOURCE: Daily Mail, Faith Ridler
A love letter to the viewer,
If you know that you don’t have a home in Heaven waiting for you when you die, if you know that you have not trusted God’s Son, Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, here is how you can be saved today and have a home in Heaven when you die,
- First, please understand that you are a sinner, just as I am, and that you have broken God’s laws. The Bible says in Romans 3:23: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
- Second, accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
- Third, accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” Also, the Bible states in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
Now this is bad news, but here’s the good news. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
- Just believe in your heart that Jesus Christ died for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead by the power of God for you so that you can live eternally with Him. Pray and ask Him to come into your heart today, and He will.
- Romans 10:9 & 13 says, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved… For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
- If you believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead, and you want to trust Him for your Salvation today, please pray with me this simple prayer: Holy Father God, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you just trusted Jesus Christ as your Saviour, and you prayed that prayer and meant it from your heart, I declare to you that based upon the Word of God, you are now saved from Hell and you are on your way to Heaven. Welcome to the family of God! Congratulations on trusting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour. You have done the most important thing in life. For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to GospelLightSociety.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door“. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door, by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
God loves you. We love you. And may God bless!