Nothing like an Easter sermon to take a shot at the Jets.
Tim Tebow, the devout, God-fearing former NFL quarterback-turned-minor leaguer, took a shot at his old team on Sunday in order to make a greater point about the holiday.
“What we are talking about is the greatest trade in the history of the world. There have been some really big trades. The Red Sox traded Babe Ruth [to the Yankees] for $100,000. How’s that for a trade?
“Wayne Gretzky was traded for a couple of scrubs. How’s that for a trade?
“I got traded to the Jets. How’s that for a trade? That didn’t work out for anybody. When’s the last time a Jets trade worked out? Anyway, that’s beside the point.”
Tebow, the 32-year-old former Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback at Florida, spent one year with the Jets, in 2012, and flopped as a fullback and tight end. He failed to parlay tryouts with the Patriots (2013) and Eagles (2015) before becoming a college football analyst at ESPN and getting a baseball shot with the Mets. Tebow has played parts of three minor league seasons since September 2016, reaching as high as Triple-A, though he hit just .163 there last season in 77 games.
But he hasn’t forgotten about the Jets, who have suffered four straight losing seasons and haven’t reached the playoffs since 2010.
Here is what followed the jab at the Jets:
“[Accepting Jesus Christ as your Savior] is the greatest trade in the history of the world. Why is this the greatest trade? You need to understand this, so you can understand the old versus the new. Do you know what the old is? Sin, dead, darkness, bondage, separation, lost, baggage. Do you know what the new is? Righteousness, alive, light, freedom, united in Christ, found, child of God, purpose, son, daughter, home in heaven, paid for. That’s what the new is.
“So you know what? We need to compare. When we accept Jesus for what he did on the cross in rising from the dead, we go from sin to righteousness, dead to alive, darkness to light, bondage to freedom, separation to united in Christ, lost to found, baggage to purpose, slave to son and debt to paid for. That’s what the trade is. And you want to understand the best part of the trade is that it’s free, is that it’s gift. It’s not about how good we are. It’s not about how much money we have. It’s not about what we bring to the table. It’s what Jesus did on the cross. It’s the free gift of eternal life.”
SOURCE: New York Post, Zach Braziller
A love letter to the viewer,
If you know that you don’t have a home in Heaven waiting for you when you die, if you know that you have not trusted God’s Son, Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, here is how you can be saved today and have a home in Heaven when you die,
- First, please understand that you are a sinner, just as I am, and that you have broken God’s laws. The Bible says in Romans 3:23: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
- Second, accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
- Third, accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” Also, the Bible states in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
Now this is bad news, but here’s the good news. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
- Just believe in your heart that Jesus Christ died for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead by the power of God for you so that you can live eternally with Him. Pray and ask Him to come into your heart today, and He will.
- Romans 10:9 & 13 says, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved… For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
- If you believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead, and you want to trust Him for your Salvation today, please pray with me this simple prayer: Holy Father God, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you just trusted Jesus Christ as your Saviour, and you prayed that prayer and meant it from your heart, I declare to you that based upon the Word of God, you are now saved from Hell and you are on your way to Heaven. Welcome to the family of God! Congratulations on trusting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour. You have done the most important thing in life. For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to GospelLightSociety.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door“. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door, by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
God loves you. We love you. And may God bless!