Total Time: Prep: 30 min. + chilling
Makes: 10 servings
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tomatillos, husked and chopped
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), coarsely chopped
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and pitted, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 8 cups tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 30 minutes. Stir in shrimp.
- For avocado cream, mash 1 avocado with sour cream and 1 tablespoon lime juice until smooth. Cube remaining avocado and toss with remaining lime juice.
- To serve, arrange chips on a large platter. Top with shrimp mixture, cubed avocado, lettuce and avocado cream; serve immediately.
SOURCE: Taste of Home