Emmy award-winning TV host Kathie Lee Gifford detailed her final moments with her longtime television partner Regis Philbin, and the outspoken Christian said she believes he is now in Heaven with God.
“I was up from Tennessee, where I live, most of the time and of course the first call I always make is to Regis and Joy,” Gifford on the TODAY show on Monday. “I said, ‘Can we get together? Can we have some lunch?’ They came over about two weeks ago.
“I’m just so grateful … the Lord gave me that final time, and it was so precious because when I talked to Joy the day that I found out, right after he had passed, she said, ‘Kathie, he hadn’t laughed in a long, long time.’
“She said, ‘I was so worried about him, he was just ready. So many of his friends had died, his dearest friend had died a week before of corona, actually. He was ready to go.’ And she said, ‘The day that we came to have lunch with you,’ she said, ‘was the last time I heard him laugh.’”
Philbin, known for shows such as “Live with Regis and Kelly!” and “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?” died on July 24, at the age of 88. The TV personality died from cardiovascular disease at a hospital in Greenwich, Connecticut.
Gifford, Philbin’s co-host for over 15 years, explained that when she saw Philbin and his wife get out of their vehicle a couple weeks ago, she recognized that he was “much more” fragile than the last time she saw him.
The popular personality revealed that she served the couple their favorite dish and was so grateful to reconnect.
Click here to read more.
SOURCE: Christian Post, Jeannie Law
A love letter to the viewer,
If you know that you don’t have a home in Heaven waiting for you when you die, if you know that you have not trusted God’s Son, Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, here is how you can be saved today and have a home in Heaven when you die,
- First, please understand that you are a sinner, just as I am, and that you have broken God’s laws. The Bible says in Romans 3:23: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
- Second, accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
- Third, accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” Also, the Bible states in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
Now this is bad news, but here’s the good news. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
- Just believe in your heart that Jesus Christ died for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead by the power of God for you so that you can live eternally with Him. Pray and ask Him to come into your heart today, and He will.
- Romans 10:9 & 13 says, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved… For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
- If you believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead, and you want to trust Him for your Salvation today, please pray with me this simple prayer: Holy Father God, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you just trusted Jesus Christ as your Saviour, and you prayed that prayer and meant it from your heart, I declare to you that based upon the Word of God, you are now saved from Hell and you are on your way to Heaven. Welcome to the family of God! Congratulations on trusting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour. You have done the most important thing in life. For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to GospelLightSociety.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door“. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door, by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
God loves you. We love you. And may God bless!