A miniature dachshund proved he had nerves of steel when the tiny dog bravely rounded up an entire flock of sheep in Australia.
Charlie Rowlands captured an adorable video of his six-year-old sausage dog Frankie showing his success as a herding dog by rounding up sheep into farm paddocks.
Despite not being a traditional sheep dog, measuring around five to seven inches tall, Frankie easily settles into his new line of work in Girilambone, New South Wales.
The adorable pooch bravely chases the sheep across the pen even though he is outnumbered by dozens of farm animals.
A few of the sheep attempt to make a dash for it away from the gate but the tiny dog still manages to chase down the massive livestock.
Little Frankie gives professional sheep dogs a run for their money even though he does not have the obvious skills of a working dog, the footage captured on September 28 shows.
His owner Mr Rowlands said: ‘Frankie is a six-year-old Mini dachshund. He loves the farm life and in this video is helping move a new mob of sheep out to the paddocks.’
He added that Frankie is a ‘real character’ and loves getting involved with all aspects of farm life, from chasing pigs to mustering sheep.
Unlike sausage dogs, Australian Shepherds are normally recognised as a traditional working sheep dog in New South Wales.
English Shepherds, border collies and kelpies are also considered to be skilled stock dogs and are highly regarded for their obedience.
Dachshunds, on the other hand, are known to be incredibly playful dogs and can have a streak of mischief when they are being trained.
But the short-legged pooches were bred as scent hound dogs to hunt badgers and other tunnelling animals, including rabbits and foxes.
The breed are now considered to be good family dogs, as they are loyal companions, successful watchdogs and are good with children.
SOURCE: Daily Home, Kate Dennett
A love letter to the viewer,
If you know that you don’t have a home in Heaven waiting for you when you die, if you know that you have not trusted God’s Son, Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, here is how you can be saved today and have a home in Heaven when you die,
- First, please understand that you are a sinner, just as I am, and that you have broken God’s laws. The Bible says in Romans 3:23: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
- Second, accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
- Third, accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” Also, the Bible states in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
Now this is bad news, but here’s the good news. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
- Just believe in your heart that Jesus Christ died for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead by the power of God for you so that you can live eternally with Him. Pray and ask Him to come into your heart today, and He will.
- Romans 10:9 & 13 says, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved… For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
- If you believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead, and you want to trust Him for your Salvation today, please pray with me this simple prayer: Holy Father God, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you just trusted Jesus Christ as your Saviour, and you prayed that prayer and meant it from your heart, I declare to you that based upon the Word of God, you are now saved from Hell and you are on your way to Heaven. Welcome to the family of God! Congratulations on trusting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour. You have done the most important thing in life. For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to GospelLightSociety.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door“. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door, by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
God loves you. We love you. And may God bless!