Corgis might be known for their stubby legs, but this one in China stunned social media with his athletic prowess on the basketball court.
The three-year-old pet named Xiao Ba, or ‘Little Eight’, has been dubbed ‘the Cor-be Bryant of corgis’ by netizens after he is seen in trending footage pushing the ball with his nose and determinedly chasing his opponents.
Ms Gan, Little Eight’s owner, told MailOnline that the pooch appeared to have a particular passion for the sport and even taught himself some dribbling moves after watching people play.
The pet owner from south-western China’s Sichuan Province discovered Little Eight’s love for basketball while taking him out for a walk last summer.
While passing a local basketball court, the woman was shocked to see her corgi racing towards the players before joining them to chase the ball.
‘I was really surprised at how good he was,’ Ms Gan told MailOnline. ‘He would wait under the hoop to guard the ball and he even knows how to dribble.
‘I was initially worried that the ball would hit him,’ she added. ‘But I was relieved after I realised he would use his chest to nudge the ball away [to avoid being hurt].’
According to the pet owner, Little Eight never received any training and stumbled across the sport after watching people play.
‘I would only let him play with my boyfriend and our friends,’ Ms Gan said. ‘He usually spends about ten minutes on the court so that we don’t disturb the game too much.’
After the pet owner shared clips of the corgi playing with the basketball on the Chinese TikTok-like Douyin, the corgi quickly shot to fame and amused web users with his athletic prowess.
In one video, the short-legged pooch is seen running at full speed while moving the ball with his nose.
Another one saw Little Eight chasing his opponents eagerly, seemingly looking for the right moment to steal the ball.
The netizens likened the furry basketball lover to the late NBA legend, Kobe Bryant, who died aged 41 when his private helicopter crashed in Calabasas, California, in January.
One viewer wrote: ‘The ‘Cor-be Bryant’ of corgis.’
Another commenter joked: ‘You need to send him to the NBA. Don’t let the talent go to waste!’
SOURCE: Daily Mail, Emilia Jiang
A love letter to the viewer,
If you know that you don’t have a home in Heaven waiting for you when you die, if you know that you have not trusted God’s Son, Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, here is how you can be saved today and have a home in Heaven when you die,
- First, please understand that you are a sinner, just as I am, and that you have broken God’s laws. The Bible says in Romans 3:23: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
- Second, accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
- Third, accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” Also, the Bible states in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
Now this is bad news, but here’s the good news. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
- Just believe in your heart that Jesus Christ died for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead by the power of God for you so that you can live eternally with Him. Pray and ask Him to come into your heart today, and He will.
- Romans 10:9 & 13 says, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved… For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
- If you believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead, and you want to trust Him for your Salvation today, please pray with me this simple prayer: Holy Father God, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you just trusted Jesus Christ as your Saviour, and you prayed that prayer and meant it from your heart, I declare to you that based upon the Word of God, you are now saved from Hell and you are on your way to Heaven. Welcome to the family of God! Congratulations on trusting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour. You have done the most important thing in life. For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to GospelLightSociety.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door“. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door, by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
God loves you. We love you. And may God bless!