At least two teenagers in the Gaza Strip have been killed by Israeli air raids, according to Palestinian health officials, as Israel carried out the largest daylight attack on the besieged enclave since the 2014 war.
Israeli troops fired live rounds and tear gas as thousands of Palestinians protested near the Gaza border fence Friday, and at least four demonstrators were killed, including a teenage boy, with over 600 wounded, Gaza health officials said.
Parents at a New York City high school are outraged that a moment of silence was held last week to honor the 60 Palestinians who were killed in Gaza as Hamas staged violent protests against Israeli soldiers. Over 50 of those killed were Hamas fighters.
White House Deputy Press Secretary Raj Shah said Monday afternoon that reports of Palestinians being killed at the Gaza border are a “propaganda attempt” and that Hamas is responsible for the bloodshed.
The Israeli military said Saturday it was shutting down its main cargo crossing into Gaza after Palestinian protesters caused extensive damage to it, and that it had also destroyed an attack tunnel militants dug near its main pedestrian crossing.
Two Hamas militants were killed in an Israeli airstrike in Gaza on Saturday after rocket fire from the enclave hit an Israeli town, as the death toll in violence linked to President Trump’s decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital rose to four.
Israel said on Sunday it will withhold the bodies of Palestinian militants killed in attacks against its citizens as it seeks to pressure the Islamist movement Hamas to return the remains of soldiers and hand back missing Israeli civilians.