Total Time: Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 fully cooked apple chicken sausages or flavor of your choice, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced Brussels sprouts
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute onion until tender, 1-2 minutes. Add sausages, Brussels sprouts, apple and seasonings; saute until lightly browned, 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in walnuts, brown sugar, mustard and vinegar; cook and stir 2 minutes.
SOURCE: Taste of Home