Total Time: Prep: 25 min. Grill: 10 min.
Makes: 6 servings
- 2 medium red onions, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Brush onions with oil; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Sprinkle steak with remaining salt. Grill onions and steak, covered, over medium heat until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), and onions are tender, 4-6 minutes per side. Let steak and onions stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine soy sauce, Worcestershire, brown sugar, vinegar, garlic and pepper. Halve onion slices; cut steak thinly across grain. Add onions and steak to soy mixture; toss to coat. Serve in tortillas with blue cheese.
SOURCE: Taste of Home