Total Time: Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes: 6 servings
- 2 sheets refrigerated pie crust
- 1 envelope taco seasoning, divided
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Optional: Sour cream and additional salsa
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a work surface, unroll 1 pie crust sheet. Roll into a 12-in. circle. Transfer to an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon taco seasoning for topping. In a small bowl, mix refried beans and remaining taco seasoning; spread over crust to within 1 in. of edge. Top with onion, black beans, chiles and salsa. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup cheese.
- Unroll remaining pie crust sheet; roll into a 13-in. circle. Place over cheese. Trim, seal and flute edge. Cut slits in top. Brush top with oil; sprinkle with reserved taco seasoning.
- Bake 15-17 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. If desired, serve with sour cream and additional salsa.
SOURCE: Taste of Home